Do you find yourself doing the same vocal warm-ups everyday in rehearsal? Try out this assignment. You and your students will thank me later!


In March, 2020; I had to quickly think of a way to keep my students singing and engaged in music. I knew I also needed updated vocal warm-ups for the following year, so why not have my students research new ones for me? 

Students were instructed to find or create a vocal warm-up that they would like to see implemented in rehearsal. It could be something that they found on YouTube, SmartMusic (which has a free trial for students right now, so go explore and have fun with it!), or something that they created themselves.

To encourage academic integrity, students had to state in their paper where they found the warm-up, why they chose it, and how it could be used in class.

My students simply amazed me with their findings! Over the summer, I worked HARD to learn the piano parts, and low and behold, their excitement this school year was incredible when they heard "their" warm-up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog